Sunday, October 27, 2013

Rexona Run 2013

October 20

this truly was the biggest rexona run ever. my parents and I have been joining this run since I started working in Unilever in 2010 - so yes this was our 3rd run!

what's different this year was the theme Run to Your Beat. throughout the race there was pulsating live music from guest DJs and bands

actually muntik ko pang hindi maisama ang parents ko. haha. as a ULP employee, we got to sign up for this for free months back. kaso the procrastinator that I am. akala ko kasi they'd have discounted sign up booths again in the office just like last year kaya I held off in signing up at the Riovana stores.

so I think I kind of underestimated the force that the Rexona run had this year. at least 2 weeks before the run there were news that they've closed registration na and had run out of race kits.

that got me worried since my parents would look forward to this run every year.

buti na lang I came across a tweet about extended sign-ups in the Riovana store in BGC. and thankfully nakapag-sign up pa ko for them!

that was a hard lesson learned! haha. I'll be sure to sign up in advance na next year :)

following the theme, the race had to start way earlier than usual. last year we signed up for 5K and the gun start then was at 5:30 am. this year though, 5K started at 3:45 am!

since we signed up na for 10K our gun start was at 3.30 am, so as early as 2 am we were already up to prepare.

when we got to the MoA complex, most of the open air parking slots were already full! sobrang daming tao! we had to park pa in the covered parking slots adjacent to the mall.

when we got to the race area, it was just 10 minutes before the 10K gun start. we made it just in time. haha


pre-run shot of my parents

and after a quick warm-up we were off!!



this truly was one running spectacle!



one thing I looked forward to was the tunnel of lights before the 1K mark



it really got everyone excited when we got there. and you couldn't help but stop and take a quick photo.

I think I had a good start in the race up until the 5K mark. it has been weeks since my last run so I really did not get to prepare well for this.

still I think I ended in an acceptable time naman. haha.

finally caught up with my parents post-race


by this time Rico Blanco was about to perform so after claiming our finisher kits, we headed off inside to the concert area.

this truly was a first of its kind race. it was actually a good refreshing way to end that 10K run.


they were actually giving out ice cream and there was also a mobile bar. and there were a lot of brand booths too. actually when you use the official #: runtoyourbeat and rexonadomore to post photos, you can claim print outs! really cool!

my parents seemed to have a really good time and we ended up staying until the end of the programme!

can't wait for the next Rexona Run! wonder what they will have in store for us next? :)



P.S. our official race results below, haha :)



No comments:

Post a Comment