Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Buffalo Wings Showdown

October 2 & 4, 2013

Two Buffalo Wing places in a span of 2 days. haha. I think we're trying out too many new restos lately.

First stop: Flaming Wings

We ordered the following:

- Original 5 Wings (Php 245) + Honey Mustard Dressing 
- Garlic Fries (Php 105)
- Penne with Sausage and Peppers (Php 130)

I liked this better than Wingman, though I don't think the honey mustard worked too well as a sauce.

The garlic fries was heavenly. I really enjoyed how buttery it was though I know how unhealthy it could be.

We could have actually managed without the pasta. but again always good to have something to counter the flavor of the wings.






Next that we tried was Buffalo Wings N' Things

All the while I thought this resto was exactly like the one in BF up until we've gone to Flaming Wings.




These were our choices:

- 1 pound Champion Buffalo Wings (Php 279)
(1/2 New York's finest, 1/2 Garlic Parmesan)
- Bleu Cheese dip (29)
NY Dirty rice (39)
Basket of fries (99)

At first, I couldn't decide how it ranks compared to Flaming Wings and Wingman. I guess it had to take a few more bites to arrive at a decision.

After downing a whole piece, I would have to rank this first vs. the other stand alone wing places.

I think it may have to do with the bleu cheese that really goes well with the chicken. Or the fact that here we had 2 varieties of flavor vs. Flaming Wings wherein we only got to try the original sauce?



all those greaaase...


I don't think I can decide on the showdown completely just yet. But so far comparing the original sauces, its Buffalo Wings N' Things for me.

P.S. I got a chance to return to Flaming Wings just recently and I think I'm starting not to like buffalo wings na. May be frequency is not such a good thing? I may need to refrain from having this dish muna. haha.


Flaming Wings
Aguirre Avenue, BF Homes, Paranaque


Buffalo Wings N' Things
G/F Annex, SM North Edsa, Quezon City

No comments:

Post a Comment