Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Spiral

November 10, 2012

this was a buffet meal which was one year in the making (and a blog which was more than one week in the making)

I purchased this July 2011 and planned on using it on our 5th year anniversary last September 2011 (yes...)

however due to Typhoon Pedring that caused extensive damage and in turn extensive renovations to Sofitel, we didn't get to avail of it until now

ang masasabi ko lang... it was sure worth the wait!

we were booked at 12nn, so we left our house at about 11 am, just to make sure we won't be late. kasi if we arrive past the 15-minute grace period, our reservation will be cancelled na.

zoom zoom - yes, ako ang driver
at dahil rin hapit si Jeff (haha) we got to Sofitel at 11:45 am

buti na lang we had an event here before, kaya I kinda knew my way around

Spiral entrance


but I never really knew why it was called Spiral until today



Spiral dining area
in the middle of the dining area was a huge spiral staircase and underneath it was a fountain/pool of water and the dining area sort of revolved around this.

the first timers that we were we got a quick briefing on the 21 'ateliers' they call it and nakaka-overwhelm na kahit hindi pa naman naiikot..

ayan tuloy Jeff had a hard time deciding where to go first. haha


not sure where to start @jepjob
photo from my Instagram account @jobnacpil

habang ako round 1 na:



syempre salad
did not enjoy that red cabbage and orange salad at all!; buti na lang I got a bit of it lang. should have sticked with just the DIY salad na lang



round 2: North Indian selection
ever since I tried roti in Banana Leaf, the dish has been one of my favorites na. so when I saw the indian food selection, I just had to have it. turns out, its Naan pala. not sure how different the two breads are, but isa lang masasabi ko--wala pang indian bread that I did not enjoy. it went really well with the fish curry--very light lang yung sauce. I also had some pieces of chicken--but forgot the name na and it wasn't something I'd go back for anyway.

Jeff's Japanese selection

pahinga muna sa pagkain, haha


washing down all the food with chamomile tea

more Japanese selections

looove this freshly-baked bread + the pesto-butter

pesto pasta
i don't think I've had really good pesto in restos. all the ones I've tried are really bland. not sure if that's how pesto should really be. pero so far wala pa kong nakainan na talagang babalik-balikan ko. well, the pesto here was not an exception.

stir-fried seafood and veggies
the seafood was pretty tender. may be too tender in Jeff's standards though

more seafood, this time with hakaw
and now comes my most favorite out of all the dishes I've had:

nilagang baka!
panalo ang lasa and it goes with a corn cob pa! patis at kalamansi na lang ang kulang :)

Jeff also had some Pinoy favorites:

a bit of everything: kare-kare, adobo and dinuguan
and finally, when we knew we couldn't take in anything else anymore... dessert!

mangoes, pineapples and white/strawberry chocolate covered marshmallows
i was looking for the dark chocolate and pistachio cookies that Sofitel reps would usually bring to the office, but they weren't serving it. the rest of the pastries naman did not appeal to me. so that's all I had.

looking back, parang ang onti lang ng kinain naman in a span of 2 hours. haha.

Spiral was quite an experience for us. feeling kasi naman too posh yung place. but the staff were pretty accommodating kaya we had a really good time.

sana may groupon ulit so we can come back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment