Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Hello Singapore! (Day 2)

November 19, 2012

himala. wala akong photo of my breakfast meals at the hotel

must be the moments of anxiety about our project. which I shall spare you details of na lang, haha

today was the tool briefing. and I'm just relieved to have lived thru it

but I wouldn't want to bore you with those work-related details, and I'll focus on the more interesting stuff instead :)


we had breakfast as early as 6:30 am, finally meeting Stuart, our consultant. we then took a taxi and was in the office na by 7:30

i loooove the SG office and i wished the ULP office looked just like it too

20 Mapletree Business City Pasir Panjang

Vitality symbols all over the entrance
so we were sharing the building pala with HSBC so they also had their own entrance on the right portion.

sayang I didn't get to take photos na of the 'insides'. but looking forward to going back soon, haha.

the briefing ended sooner. so by 2 pm, after having lunch with the SG team (where I had my first taste of macaroons) and seeing my HR Foundation 'classmates' again, my boss and I sneaked out muna and went to Ikea!

I've always wanted to have Ikea furniture having seen the catalogues being sent by relatives from Sweden. kaya it was great getting to go to an actual store naman

shopping cart

medyo nahiya lang ako to take photos. kaya I will only be able to share a few shots

ang cool kasi they even had measuring tapes, shopping lists around to help customers plan for their purchases


I soo wanted to take some and bring it with me as souvenirs. kaso medyo may onting hiya pa naman ako, hehe

I didn't actually think I'd purchase anything. kaso there was a specific area I just coudn't resist. it was full of trinkets and was mish mash of party/decor/colorful stuff

plush toys and kitchen timers
I ended up buying kitchen stuff for Mama, some cute neon-colored containers, neon-colored utensils, a set of travel pouches and drop frames shaped-like film strips

my purchases!

we made a quick dash to the hotel to drop off our purchases then went back to the office to prepare for the next day

dinner plans at Marche were also set with Mazelle, Leng and Nohrin, all 3 now based in SG

prior to that though, my boss and I had a quick stopover in one place na hindi ko inisip na sadyain during my visit

boom!
and being in a place like that and knowing I don't really make much effort fixing my self up, it was inevitable...

yup, those things ended up on my face

at least I was not alone, haha


Nohrin gets made up too, haha
 now off to dinner!

VivoCity rooftop sky park

Marche
the concept of the place wasn't anything different from Makansutra. there were 'booths' or areas for specific kinds of dishes, you had to order from there and claim it once ready na. it just differed on the type of food being served, since Swiss dishes naman here

interesting lang was the ordering system


we each got guest cards like this where you need to swipe it lang as you order. so the orders get accumulated na lang and you need to pay for it na lang as you leave

so kanya-kanyang order ulit kami!

potato galore!
so if sa Makasuntra I ordered roti. dito naman I got rosti!

with Chicken sausage and the original
Rosti was basically a dish made out of grated potatoes and a national dish pala ng Swiss
it comes with different kinds of sausages or you can just have good 'ol plain potatoes
you had an option too to take it with gravy, or the dressing

other dishes we ordered

Swiss crispy pata? haha

chicken wings
calamari
and some greens... which are mostly meat. haha
this dinner will forever be memorable because of this photo, haha -- lemon drizzled rosti 

product of a life-changing insight
had a really good time listening to their sharings and stories. it had me thinking about my work life / personal life too

sayang Leng didn't make it

great place, great food, great friends, great night

with Nohrin and Mazelle

Uf Wiederluege Merci!

and yes, I hope to be back soon!

can anyone bring Marche to PH please?


P.S. it took us awhile to get a decent shot with the tree. haha. may times kasi that it just blacked out

finally!
watch out for Hello Singapore! (Day 3) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment