Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Hello Singapore! (Day 5-6)

November 22-23, 2012

I decided to have just one final entry for my SG trip na lang

for one, parang wala nang katapusan ang entries ko about this trip and wala rin masyadong relevant na nangyari to document for Day 5

Day 5 was my last day at the office

things were getting a bit hectic re our project na. just glad though my mobile phone got reconnected by lunch time.

I had lunch with Mazelle at Astons (again) haha. the last time kasi it was only myself and Ms. Ira who ate. so when she had craving for steaks she invited me for lunch.

I still had chicken, though this time Hickory BBQ naman with garden veggies and my usual fries.

no more photos this time :p

the rest of the day was a blur and all I had were some parting shots while waiting for the taxi


past 7 pm in SG

no wonder I get the impression that people tend to stay late at the office here. yung 7 pm nila looks like 6 pm pa lang.

I was supposed to meet with Jo that night, kaso she had an event at the office and I had stuff to do rin. so..

it was me, myself and I and room service food that night


Nasi goreng istimewa

in fairness, the food I ordered was pretty good

it consisted of spicy fried rice with prawns and mixed veggies, fried chicken, chicken satay, achar and prawn crackers

it even came with a small Heinz bottle, which of course I ended up not using para I can take it home instead haha


deeeliiiish!


Day 6

I thought this trip would not last. muntik pa akong mag-extend ulit because we were not hitting our target completion rate for the project (egad)

any how, fast forward na lang to the ride to the airport haha

we had a really pleasant ride dahil we were being serenaded by our driver



he was really funny, called himself a mischievous old man and even told stories of his visits in Manila

mind you, he actually was able to tell we were from the Philippines

Ms. Ira even asked if he could  pick her up the next time she comes back in SG

Changi airport in itself, I read somewhere, was quite an experience

kaya rin Ms. Ira suggested we leave the hotel a bit early, para we can go around and shop

first thing we did when we got there was claim for GST

I don't think I've shared it in my earlier posts, but SG tourists can actually claim for refund for merchandise bought. but you had to buy at least 100 SGD worth of stuff to do so

we had our receipts from our purchases validated



this was before we checked-in our luggage and claimed our boarding passes

huuuuugee
post-check-in we went to another booth inside to get our refunds

with additional SGDs in tow, I bought some Singaporean treats from a shop and we parted ways muna to check out the stores

haha. finally had the chance to look for legos! in the numerous toy stores I've visited in SG, not one store sold mini-figures

yun pala sa airport lang ako makakakita!


however they only had series 6 and they have not pre-identified the contents yet unlike how the toy store salesmen in PH does it

should I take a chance? #lego
taken from my instagram accounts @jobnacpil
so I ended up getting it but not after going thru several packs na isa-isa kong kinakapa, trying to guess what the mini-figure was

I ended up buying what in my mind was a female mini-figure

while paying for my purchase, I saw mood rings and decided to try one on. it started out green then turned a dark shade of purple..

so guess what this means?



ayos.. very happy, in love daw ang ibig sabihin. haha

while paying I got a call from Ms. Ira inviting me for meryenda, since our next meal was at 2 pm na in the plane

she was at a Kaya toast shop within the vicinity and she wanted me to try it

every time we had breakfast kasi at Traders she would always have it as part of her meal


Kaya toast

in fairness it was really good. the Kaya spread was this green jam and on top of it was a layer of butter spread all over

this was from a store called Killiney


I remember there's a resto in SM MOA which sells Kaya Toast. wonder if it's as good. I made a mental note to try it sometime

after this we made a dash na towards our gate (which was quite far pa pala)

before boarding a guy approached Ms. Ira and turns out he was Franklin Gomez

I have always heard about him and it was nice to finally meet him. wondered tuloy if he was coming back to ULP na

once I got in my seat -- a window seat thankfully, I checked na if I chose right

thankfully, it was a unique mini-figure which I did not have yet. though medyo sablay yung guess ko that it was a female piece haha

he joined me on my flight back to MNL #lego
taken from my instagram account @jobnacpil

one final look at SG


and my final meal in my first SG trip



my first trip in SG sure had been pretty memorable. considering it was an official business trip, I've had my share of stress/anxieties but glad that it gave me a chance pa rin to see the sights and enjoy the food and company of old friends and new acquaintances

looking forward to going back soon--hopefully though for a purely recreational trip na lang!

No comments:

Post a Comment