Wednesday, July 24, 2013

#jobandjeff (Part 3)

February 23-24, 2013

this is Part 3 of my entry detailing how Jeff finally proposed + that surprise Bohol weekend adventure :)


we returned from our day tour a little past four so we had extra time to hit the beach... sayang lang the water was not as clear as the previous day so we didn't stay in the water too long

enticing waters


we decided to explore the area and walked along the shore. at the same time we also wanted to look for the other restaurant/dining place that one of our friends referred to us. on our way we went past Bohol Beach Club which was right beside Dumaluan. Jeff originally planned for us to stay there-- unfortunately it was under renovation that time. he also considered booking in Alona beach but hearing how crowded the place was na mala-Boracay Station 2 vibe, he decided to go for Dumaluan instead

and buti na lang...











Bohol vs. Boracay? hmm I think I'll have to go with Bohol any day...

as the sun had started to set, we decided to head back to the resort to freshen up before dinner


having passed by the other dining site earlier, we decided to check it out and came to know that it was apparently also operated by Dumaluan.haha. since Jeff preferred the vibe back at the resto, we decided to return to the resort na lang

the earlier part of our dinner didn't turn out so well for me. for one there was not much variety in the food they served so we ended up getting veggies and grilled food na lang

to add to that, they completely forgot to cook the liempo and Jeff just opted to cancel our order na lang.

well that whole time, Jeff had started to turn into Mr. Awkward.

he kept fiddling with his tab and the camera.

while ako naman started fuming over my lost liempo


and then it just happened... he sat beside me and gave me his tab...
and his tab had this in it...


this was all it took to make me cry. haha.

sa totoo lang I was really expecting this to happen. I just didn't know how exactly it will happen.

so when he showed this to me I just kept crying... I couldn't even go through the whole deck kasi I knew it would make me cry even more...

he detailed all the trips we went to (like below). all the restos we liked and didn't like. as in each one. photo collages of our adventures. as in everything we did together.



I actually insisted that we go some place else kasi we were in the restaurant and there were couples eating and groups of people hanging out. pero andun na e. so just go with the flow.

honestly medyo hazy na the sequence of events. it was just too overwhelming for me I guess. haha but towards the end.. these were part of the biggest surprise in the AVP he made.




so, Jeff had planned for this for the longest time and even involved everyone on it! this made me cry even more! imagine my friends from SPC, SSC, our former colleagues from Q2, my former colleagues in Coke and our friends and colleagues from DSI, GW and Unilever too! he also involved both our families and even relatives overseas. talk about effort!

I think I said yes before he even formally asked. haha.

he then handed over a familiar looking Timex box. as in a watch box. haha. but inside...

it was a bride and groom lego couple and a ring inside! by this time my eyes were too swelled for me to even consider taking a photo of it. kaya sorry couldn't share that na.

how could I not say yes? haha
the rest of the night we spent talking about his engagement planning. the efforts he had done to execute it well. about him talking with my parents. how he originally planned to do it when we were at the Loboc river and especially how he actually tried the ring on me months back without me knowing it.

by that time I also remembered times when I got suspicious i.e. seeing emails from my grade school friends on his account (which was also the time he almost revealed everything), how he tends to be careful about things in his room, etc.

haay. hehe. sa totoo lang I really could not have wished for a better time and a better way :) it was exactly how I wanted to be. well sa totoo lang the lego minifigure couple was enough for me.

I was just plain overwhelmed. WOW.

and when I've rid myself of the sobs. haha

finally tried on my ring :)

it was interesting lang kasi just a few weeks back, the Code Blue gang and I were discussing about how Jeff has yet to propose. during that conversation I actually felt a little sorry for myself kasi Jeff had always insisted na he doesn't see the need to propose since we had been talking about plans to get married anyway. haha. yun pala e they knew about it all along and I think that discussion sort of was leading towards the engagement na pala talaga. hahaha. thinking about this now makes me want to go thru the whole thing again. (wink wink, Jeff)

fast forward to the morning after. 

this will be a bit anti-climactic I know, but I just really wanted to share some more photos taken on our last morning in Panglao





haay I don't think any other trip would ever top my favorite trip list -- ever! apart from the fact that this is where Jeff proposed to me, I just love how wonderful Bohol is without much frills.

now that's a sight to behold
finally this wraps up the surprise Bohol weekend/engagement that Jeff planned for us :) it took months before I wrote about this and also at least two weeks to finish the whole 3-part entry. but then again its better late than never--this was a moment that I knew I would always want to relive over and over again and again this will probably be the least I could do for Jeff after everything he's done to pull this off...

yes eto na nga ang simula ng #jobandjeff

P.S. and this was how we broke the news to everyone

taken from my Instagram account @jobnacpil
what a weekend! I love you @jepjob #surpriseweekend
thanks to dear family & friends who helped in making it extra special!

No comments:

Post a Comment