Monday, July 8, 2013

#jobandjeff (Part 1)

for some reason over the weekend, I suddenly felt compelled to start writing about Jeff and myself. we just made a huge decision about a future investment and as we mark this new "phase" in our life, I think I owe it to him to share the story of what started all these "serious" talks.

so now, let me tell you about how Jeff proposed. haha. (plus bits of that weekend trip na rin)

since November (I think) of 2012, he told me to block off the 22nd-23rd of February for a trip with his friends from work. I never really took those dates seriously since a lot could happen from then until that weekend.

fast forward to the love month and just a couple of weeks away from the 22nd of February, he reminds me about the trip and I shrug it off as we had just gone back from Siem Reap and was sure that I'd not be allowed to go on leave again. by then I was also scheduled to attend a 2-day workshop in AIM starting on the 21st.

sa totoo lang I also did not have the slightest clue on what sort of trip they had planned out until that same week. all I knew was that the whole GW team was joining and they got a week day as "offset" for working on a weekend in preparation for their sales conference.

siguro mga 4-5 days before that weekend he finally shared that we will be in Batangas, maybe Pico de Loro on Friday then Puerto Galera on Saturday. knowing that I proposed that I could just follow them to Batangas in the afternoon after the workshop. kaso he really insisted and even made a deal that if I agree to go this one time, okay lang that I end up deciding not to go/push thru with the rest of the domestic trips we had planned for the year.

I knew then that this trip really meant a lot to him and at the back of my mind naisip ko talaga that this might be "it" (haha yes, feeling-era talaga)

so... the day before that trip, I really thought about it a lot and mustered all the courage to ask my boss if I could work offsite the following day. honestly, I knew she would allow me to go, pero I knew I had to have a valid reason to skip work and not make it seem na I was taking advantage of how considerate she was and not giving in as much commitment now (I was moved to a new role kasi starting February)

I really attempted to come up with excuses but I knew I had to tell my boss the truth and I did. and she understood and allowed me to go.

even with her blessing though I still felt a bit anxious on Friday and I made sure I kept in touch and assured her that I try to check my email as often as possible. syempre since Batangas lang naman, I knew access should not be an issue and the road trip can provide me an opportunity to do just that.

I didn't really prepare much for that weekend and packed really basic stuff right before we left since we were just headed to Batangas anyway.

and that's when the surprises started.

1) Just before leaving the house, Mama asked, "O Job, Bohol pala kayo, ano ba masarap na pasalubong dun?" I insisted that we were just going to Batangas and that she may have just misheard Jeff when she asked.

2) Jeff brought a luggage when he would normally just bring along a backpack.

3) Initially we were supposed to meet his colleagues in Sucat hi-way. when we were leaving that morning, he told me we'll meet them along Baclaran instead. When we were supposed to take a shuttle to Baclaran, he decided that we just get a taxi and he insisted to hail one for us, when I was in a more strategic place to hail for one.

4) A few meters away from our village, the driver asked, "Sir, Cebu Pacific po ba kayo?" -- by this time I was both excited, shocked and worried. I kept asking Jeff about where we're really headed but he kept making small talk with the driver

5) When we arrived at T3, he finally confirmed that obviously he didn't plan for a Batangas weekend and that we were off to Bohol instead. By this time, I was just floored but still anxious at the same time. I had to let my boss know that I may be unreachable for an hour and that I totally had no idea that we were bound for Bohol until that morning.

I was honestly still expecting his colleagues to come with us, but that too wasn't part of the plan after all.

Just before boarding, Jeff finally came clean and told me that my boss knew the plan all along. Apparently when we all got together a couple of weeks back for an activity in Edsa Shang, he asked her permission if I could be out on that day!! Super wow talaga! Kaya pala she insisted that I do not worry about work that day and just enjoy myself. Pero hindi pa rin talaga ako makapaniwala! Actually dahil dyan Jeff even called up Blair and Yanpi to confirm this. (Him contacting my colleagues directly was surprising enough and what more this!)

by this time, I just surrended totally and told myself to keep calm and be ready na lang for anything.
Bohol-bound after all :)
I didn't think he was capable of doing anything this risky. haha. I think I loved him even more that moment. :)

when we got on the plane, he also shared that he had been closely monitoring the weather for the past few days and was worried the trip might not push thru due to heavy rains.


hoping for better weather in Bohol


sinong excited??

#lookingdown
when we finally got to Bohol, hindi pa pala natatapos ang sneakiness ni Jeff. he kept talking about how he got to book accommodations lang within Tagbilaran and that he had a city tour planned out.


hello Bohol!
unfortunately, the driver who picked us up from the airport gave us a detailed account of what package tour we had signed up for (strike 2!) and that we were actually Panglao bound and that we'll be staying in Dumaluan! so much for the surprise, Jeff!

I honestly didn't know what to expect from Bohol apart from the chocolate hills and the tarsier so the sight of the resort was a surprise in itself. I particularly loved how the beach's quality was not that far off from Boracay and glad it was not as populated too.

after we settled in, we had lunch at the restaurant also within Dumaluan.


view of the restaurant from the beach front





and ordered


Chopsuey

Lechon Kawali with Bagoong Gata sauce*
*we weren't sure how the gata would turn out so we had the sauce separated. sayang didn't get to take a photo of that lang

the food was ok naman. though for the price pwede na rin siguro. and besides we didn't really have any other options anyway, and going all the way to Tagbilaran was too inconvenient.


at least we had great view from where we ate
after eating, we went around the resort since it was much too hot for a swim just yet.











at least one of us was already having fun in the sand and under the sun



and finally when the sun's heat was tolerable.. it was time to hit the beach!








while the sand was not as fine and was in fact a bit too 'pebbly'. the water was super clear kaya it was perfect for snorkeling!













underwater critter shots courtesy of Jeff!

and yes, even this.

sumi-selfie

and this!
here naman he attempts to make it seem like he's performing 'magic' underwater


and of course, my minifigures get to have fun too. haha




unfortunately that was the last I saw of her surfboard--after I attempted to take a photo of it "floating" on water. (sigh)

and as it was starting to get dark. we decided to head back inside...


well, at least until the pool area. haha.

more antics from Jeff...


underwater



in the water






and into the water

and here's just a view of the pool with the Kamaligs around it..


after freshening up, it was finally time for dinner.



by candlelight
I chose not to put up photos of the dishes we ordered due to poor lighting, but we got Chicken BBQ, Adobong Kangkong and grilled stuffed squid. nothing too extraordinary about the food. but good enough for us to get full.



eating our hearts out in preparation for the adventure next day!
that was a lot to take in for one day--but no proposal just yet. by that time, I was trying to think of scenarios of how he will execute it. couldn't wait to see what else was coming up!

Part 2 of my blog to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment