Sunday, August 4, 2013

Weekend Eats


August 2-3, 2013

these days Jeff and I are trying to cut back on expenses by not eating outside as often so we can save up for the future (haha) but minsan you just can't help but want to try something new.. so here's to share some of our new budget-friendly food finds:

1. Friday night: Mezza Norte

have long been asking Jeff to take me here since it first opened sa UP Technohub; kaso medyo nalito kami how to get there because of the U-turn slots, kaya our first few attempts were foiled. na-discourage rin kami dahil sa dami ng taong nagpupunta as shared by friends who have been there na.

at least it was more accessible now having moved near Trinoma

so when his work friends cancelled on their videoke night, I asked if we could finally go to Mezza Norte



it pretty much offered the same food line-up naman as the other Mercato centers but the variety of choices can be daunting at times so we had to go around at least two times before finally deciding what we wanted to eat

my choice was the Batangas Red Adobo

free sample
it was pulled pork adobo + pickled veggies + rice + salted egg (as detailed below)

when Jeff got to try the sample though he wanted to get one too, but I decided to give him my order since I was initially eyeing a roast beef kiosk




the adobo had an interesting flavor; it was cooked with vinegar lang and without soy sauce; but surprisingly di sya as sour, in fact the tinumis that went with it gave the dish its zing. 

Jeff liked it so much that he begged me to request for a rice refill on his behalf; (yes they offer one free refill)

how could I say no? :)
I had Sultry Chef's roast beef and pasta combo--I chose the tuyo pasta para lang maiba :) the pasta was a bit dry but still went well with the tender beef. I don't think I'll have that pasta again but will definitely return for the roast beef.






we almost considered eating inside the mall since we couldn't find a table. but glad we were patient enough to wait that time. looking forward to coming here again soon :)

Mezza Norte
Trinoma Mindanao Open Parking
https://www.facebook.com/MezzaNorte

2. Saturday afternoon: Brickfire

we missed having our usual hearty breakfast since we were in St. Luke's the whole morning kaya I just wanted something new for our later than usual lunch

and that brought us to Brickfire.. we were a bit hesitant to try it out nung una since it seemed like all they served was meat haha. but they had seafood chowder in their menu so that was enough to make us turn around


super love the resto's ambiance/lighting


here were our choices

Seafood Chowder (80 php)
Jalapeno Cheese Sticks (80 php)
Los Indios Spicy Adobo (112 php)

Cowgirl Annie (149)

The food was good and just right for the price. Jeff particularly liked the chowder so I think we now have a cheaper alternative to Rack's clam chowder.

His adobo was packaged the same way as Barangay Adobo in Paranaque, though tasted much better--less the homemade feel so it was worth having it naman.

The cheese sticks jalapeno wasn't as spicy as expected but liked the oozing cheese kahit na the dish was quite oily.

And as for my T-bone steak, super effort to cut it to pieces but malasa talaga and coupled pa with the sauce they had. I could not resist eating even some of the beef fat.

I think we may have another go-to place besides Peri-Peri Chicken. :)




Brickfire
SM North Edsa, Annex
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brickfire/364378363589232

No comments:

Post a Comment